Election fraud scandal in Honduras
The Collective Honduras USA Resistencia = Libre Party, New York
To the national and international community:
1. The Collective Honduras USA Resistencia = Libre Party in the city of New York show in this document that on Nov. 18, 2012, our country Honduras was a victim of the worst electoral fraud in its history, while carrying out primary elections, where the Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE, for its initials in Spanish) implemented the computer system of Transmission of Preliminary Electoral Results (TREP), the same system that was used during the coup to “elect” Porfirio Lobo Sosa as president, and inflated the figures when it was obvious that the polls were deserted. The same system has now been used in the recent primaries, a computer system costing millions that also uses cell phones to call the TSE from the polling stations and communicate the results of the voting.
2. We express our rejection to all forms of manipulation of mass media and polling agencies during the electoral process, and reject the lack of commitment to democracy and civil rights by the government institutions headed by Porfirio Lobo Sosa.
3. We reject that in the name of democracy they try to impose fictitious results, with the claim that this is to revive bipartisanship, which received its death sentence the very moment of the military coup on June 28, 2009, and received its epitaph with the resounding triumph of Xiomara Castro de Zelaya and the Libre Party (Freedom and Re-foundation), even while the bipartisanship system has altered the results of the Libre Party, trying to minimize its success by subtracting votes it had obtained legitimately.
4. We reject all forms of fraud, including computer fraud, implemented by the TSE, which lacks all credibility by failing to ensure the security of the elections and allowing them to be an instrument of social domination and subjugation of the Honduran people, who since the coup have been inundated by a wave of killings: peasants, workers, teachers, youth, leaders of the National Popular Resistance Front and the libre Party.
5. We invite the citizenry to defend their vote in the general elections of November 2013. We demand the dismantling of the TREP system, and all rigged and obsolete forms that only help to commit fraud.
6. If you are a good teacher, teach students what happens in our Honduras: who are the traitors, thieves, and murderers, those who cheat and kill the people. Fill in along with the children the missing pages in textbooks, change what is false. Build a new conscious and courageous citizen, a human being concerned about their country and humanity.
7. We call on the international community: United Nations, Organization of American States, CELAC, and International Commission on Human Rights, not to abandon Honduras and be alert to developments there. We demand for future elections the maximum number of observers at a worldwide level.
8. We Condemn: the fraudulent practices of the Supreme Electoral Tribunal of Honduras, through the TREP system, which would like to impose candidates on the Honduran people and, in turn, to minimize the ascension of the emerging Libre Party (Freedom and Re-foundation) and finally, we demand that those responsible for this electoral crime be brought to trial and be subject to the full force of law.
New York Dec. 3, 2012