Forum on ‘What’s at stake in Syria?’
During a week when the New York Times revealed on June 21 that weapons are being shipped from puppet-ruled Libya to the imperialist-backed “rebels” fighting in Syria, the International Action Center scheduled a forum to discuss the consequences of this war of aggression.
The forum, called “U.S. War on Syria. Dangerous Escalation, What’s at stake?” will be held Wednesday, June 26, at 7 p.m. at the Solidarity Center, 147 West 24th St, 2nd Floor, New York, N.Y. This is near the 23rd Street stop on the E, C, F, M and 1 lines.
Speaking will be WBAI producer Dr. Barbara Nimri Aziz; Workers World contributing editor Joyce Chediac; International Action Center co-coordinator Sara Flounders; Syrian American Forum’s Dr. Ghias Moussa, M.D., and International League of Peoples Struggle Vice Chair Bill Dores.
They will hold a discussion on:
- U.S. weapons to Syrian rebel forces
- Israeli bombing of Syria; bases in Turkey
- Plans for a no-fly zone and how the U.S. uses Syria’sneighbors in a new proxy war for total domination
- Understanding how the U.S.-led strategy of economic devastation and sanctions works to destabilize the Syrian economy, weaken health facilities, destroy communications, cultural institutions, education, food production and sanitation
- The parallels with Iraq, Syria’s overlooked economic developmentand its regional and secular policies