Top 10 reasons the U.S. ruling class wants to continue the war on Afghanistan
Published Dec 9, 2009 3:30 PM
1. If we can’t make war on Afghanistan, how are we going to make war
2. Even if the Taliban weren’t involved in 9/11, it’s OK to
pretend it was. After all, Iraq wasn’t involved in 9/11
3. A cruel, murderous, expensive and losing war is certainly better than
no war at all.
4. Aside from the bank bailout, war is the quickest way to take money from the working class and give it to
5. Compared to the U.S. Congress, the Karzai government in
Afghanistan isn’t all that corrupt.
6. Think of all that drug money in Afghanistan that might otherwise not be
laundered by U.S. banks.
7. Even if we don’t win, the war will ensure that even more money
won’t be wasted on jobs and health care.
8. It’s a “two-fer”: The war in Afghanistan will help us
win the war on workers here in the U.S.
9. Perhaps the Afghan resistance will decide that being occupied and brutalized by the Pentagon war makers is
a good thing after all.
10. Even if it doesn’t, that’s OK. We’re not the ones
fighting the war. That’s what we make the working class do. We’re
just profiting from it. Isn’t that the point?
E-mail: [email protected]
Articles copyright 1995-2012 Workers World.
Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in any medium without royalty provided this notice is preserved.
Workers World, 55 W. 17 St., NY, NY 10011
Email: [email protected]
Subscribe [email protected]
Support independent news DONATE